Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Which type of person are you?

There are many different types of people in this world and to attempt to categorize them into a number small enough to fit on a blog is impossible, but I want to talk about a few differences I've noticed.

First, there is painfully early guy, on time guy, and late guy. Unfortunately, I camp out in the late category. I annoy many a person with the fact that I cannot seem to be on time with things. This is definitely something I want to work on, as I think it is a bad representation of both me and my training, and I know better. While I would like to be on time, I find the obscenely early guy even more annoying than the late guy. There people will meet you at your hotel at four am when your flight leaves at around eight. I don't need to be running to the gate, but sitting at the gate three hours early irks me just as much.

The second way people can be grouped is by patience. Granted, some of a perspective on patience is driven by the time category, but all things being equal, there are people who are just too patient. They are "patient" to the extent that they allow people to walk all over them. This is not good and needs to be corrected, before they get trampled in this cold, hard world. On the other hand, the people with on patience are equally annoying. These people try to take your plate while you're still eating or yell when things take one more minute than promised. They hit the elevator button multiple times. We're all waiting on certain things in life, and thes people just don't get it. To some degree, I think it is that they are too selfish to consider the plight of those around you. While I have traces of this in my life, I feel I have begun to conquer this demon with God's help.

Third, people can be sorted based on their consideration of the person next to them. Some people try to take up extra space and not allow anyone to sit (or even park, I guess) next to them. While others will purposefully make themselves small to allow for the person next to him to stretch out. Sitting (or parking) next to the former is a pain, while the latter is a joy.

Now, I only bring these up because I am at the airport and on an airplane whilst putting this together, and while I have improvements to make in these areas, I have had to deal with people from all these extremes. And instead of complaining or comparing, I decided to write and see if anyone else had experienced any of these type of people and had a funny anecdote to share. Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. One time my grandpa was picking me up from college, and he showed up several hours early. When I saw him in my dorm parking lot on the way back from class, he started fussing at me for not being packed yet... but you know all about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I do. And believe me when I tell you that Kelly and I attempted to not be quite so early.

      Delete